Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Film: I Love You, Man

My husband and I went on our first date to the movies in 6 months to go see "I Love You, Man" and it was definitely worth the time away from our baby.   I was incredibly nervous that I was setting my expectations too high.  I've been watching the trailers for this movie as soon as they were released online and hyping up our first date for MONTHS.  I'm glad to say I was definitely not disappointed! 

Some critics say that this is traditional frat-boy fare.  There's a bit of that... fart and masturbation jokes.  But there's so much more to this movie that is refreshingly new.  The main premise, for one, seems fresh and real: there are definite difficulties in making new friends once you get out of school and especially if you don't have any real possible candidates at work. Plus, what's not to like about a father-son best-friend relationship, a super-macho gay brother, and a protagonist who loves going down on his fiance.  
  
And the quirky ramblings of Rudd's character are absolutely addictive: I challenge you to avoid repeating "slappa da bass" or "totes mcgoats" !!

No comments:

Post a Comment