Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Big Love - Again

Whoa. I'm not really sure what is going on with Big Love right now, but it's still an awesome show. What's throwing me - though I knew it was coming from reading things ahead of time - is the focus on Margene and Ben. We did that storyline already, didn't we?



I can't decide if I completely hate the fact that they are revisiting that stry line or if it is good, because I think they are handling it better this time than they did the last time, in part simply because Ben is older and more mature, so he's handling it better.

But what is really throwing me is how Bill is behaving, not just with respect to Margene and Ben, but overall. We've seen him like this before, when he's so focused on something that he completely stops caring about everyone else, but in last Sunday's episode, with him asking Don to take the fall when it comes out that Home Plus is a front for polygamy or essentially kicking Ben out of the house after finding out that he has feelings for Margene, Bill is currently at his least sympathetic. Especially since what he is doing to Ben is exactly what his own father did to him - kicked him out of the house because he was sexual competition.

Anyway, it's going to be interesting to see where things go from here, particularly how Barb reacts to Ben leaving, and whether or not Bill can redeem himself or slides further into a completely unsympathetic character.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really glad you pointed out the parallel to Bill's own history, being kicked out of compound for threatening the older men. I hadn't thought of that and obviously it's a brilliant point.

    I agree with everything you wrote, and I'll add that I'm happy they are pursuing this storyline deeper. Because I'm a perv and I think it's creepy fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete