Thursday, May 14, 2009

TV - American Idol 5/13

OOOoo it's going to be a big ding-dong indeed! 

Thank you, America!  The Gokey is gone.  What a delight to view the dropped-jaws of the judges as Danny was booted out of the competition, leaving the two most likable contestants (for me) in Idol history.   

Next week could have been a true good versus evil finale, causing me ulcers.  However, now it is a celebration of talented, humble dudes rising up to fame!  There is no doubt they will both release successful records, it's just a matter of who 19 entertainment will sign.

Much will probably be made for the fact that only 1 million votes separated Adam and Kris.  I don't think it's out of line to say that many voters dialed Adam AND Kris this week (ahem ahem... ME... METTA), because they simply couldn't bare to see Danny in the running.  Obviously those people probably won't dial for both next week.    So how will the math work out for Kris?  He will probably gain votes from Danny fans who don't want to see Adam win, but he will also probably lose votes from Adam fans who wanted to see Kris in the finale, but want Glambert to take the cake.  My prediction is... I DON'T CARE!  Seriously, next week is just icing for me.  

On one hand, I'd love to see Adam win because I love him and I'd love for Idol to support such a unique character.  On the other hand, I think Kris is very likable and I enjoy his Mraz-y sound.  I also think Kris would probably benefit more from being in the idol machine, whereas Adam might appreciate being able to let his freak flag fly a little higher without any producer-pressure.  

Mostly, let's just take a moment to admire our wonderful country who realizes YES WE CAN have an idol finale where both dudes are humble, kind, and awesome and haven't been pimped by the judges from day one.  (Remember when this was going to be a Lil / Danny finale?)

O beautiful, for spacious skies... 

3 comments:

  1. Oh and by the way: YES YES YES!

    Read this:
    http://music-mix.ew.com/2009/05/adam-lambert-sh.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of people are assuming the Kris has an edge now because a lot of the Danny voters will now vote for Kris. But, as you pointed out, there are a lot of Adam fans who voted for both of them last night - I was basically just trying to vote AGAINST Gokey - and Kris will lose a lot of those votes this week. Also, there will be plenty of Danny fans who just won't vote at all. So, I think it will be close, but the winner is certainly not a foregone conclusion.

    And, like you said, I'm fine if either of them win. To be honest, though, I don't think Kris would really fit into the Idol mold any better than Adam. They are both too original for the Idol schlock that comes out from the winners on their first CDs. But I'm sure that the winner will overcome that issue on their sophomore effort, and the runner-up won't have to wait that long.

    I also have to say, I fell a little bit in love with Katy Perry when she started her song with a cape that said Adam Lambert on the back of it. I mean, she is a terrible singer, but she and Adam should be best friends. The camp level would be through the roof.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re: Katy Perry: Absolutely! The ON THE SCENE blog through EW about what actually transpired on stage during the results show commented that Adam spent the entire number making huge OMG OMG faces to his friends in the audience. : ) Love it!

    ReplyDelete