Thursday, March 5, 2009

TV: American Idol 3/4

Seriously?!

While I am not surprised that Jorge beat-out Ju'Not for the final spot in the Top 3 last night, I am INCREDIBLY surprised that Ju'Not is not even being thrown a Wild-Card bone!  My only theory is that they think the competition is making him too sick and they don't want to risk losing him to an asthma-related death.  

I was also upset to see Felicia looked-over.  She did a bang-up job on Tuesday and is such a great come-back story.  Totally weird. 

Quirky Corkrey is back. I really don't see this girl being able to sing in all the variety of genres that will undoubtedly be presented to the top 12 contestants.  She'll be like a more rhythmically-challenged Brooke White / Jason Castro hybrid.  However, a lot of people really like her and I wouldn't mind being able to join the band-wagon.  Maybe a solid performance tonight will help me change my mind. 

Tatiana is back.  They just couldn't resist.  However, I am just so pleased they didn't bring back Norman Gentle that... whatever, I'll take it. 

Really one of the biggest surprises for me was electing Von Smith for the Wild Card Round.  With Kris and Jorge already in the Top 12, is there really another need for a Clay Aiken-esque performer?  Von is a weird case because I don't really like his singing at all, however, he is such an articulate and nice guy that I find it really hard to protest too much. 

The saving grace was that they are giving Jesse another shot. I really like her.  I like her personality and I like her voice.  I think that the female contestants are pretty weak this year, and given the opportunity, Jesse could really rise to the occasion.  Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment