Thursday, February 26, 2009

TV: Top Chef's Finale Part 2

Hosea Wins!  

What the heck?  I was way off on this one, believing that Hosea did not stand a chance.  However, based on the final challenge, I fully agree with his being chosen.  This is a program that votes on a challenge by challenge basis, therefore all of Stefan's previous wins couldn't count towards him.  

I agree that it was a dumb move for Stefan to end on a dessert, especially a chocolate one.  This is one thing I've learned from watching: chocolate desserts are often not received particularly well.  No one wins with chocolate.  

I feel so bad for Carla.  I love her spirit!  However, this is a girl who does not benefit from team work.  She is a people-pleaser, so when Casey presented suggestions to her, I don't think it was in Carla's nature to reject those ideas and keep focused on her own path.  I really think she could have won the whole thing if she had cooked the beef in a style she is used to and made the tart with her famous crust rather than attempt the souffle.   Frown! 

I'll end on this note: they didn't bleep "Twat?" I'm not saying that word is much worse than "Douchebag" or on the same level as "C*nt," but really?  That's allowed.  Somewhere George Carlin is smiling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment