Wednesday, May 6, 2009

TV - American Idol Sexy Songs

"Way, way down inside, I'm gonna give you my love, I'm gonna give you every inch of my love" he sang, as he thrust his crotch at a slew of 13-year olds clapping and screaming.

God bless you, Adam Lambert.

In my head there are some serious debates going in the minds of contestants and producers of Idol on where the sexy limits are on song-choice.  If you look out into the live-Idol audience, you're going to see a lot of tweens and a lot of parents.  However, just because these are the people willing to trek out to see live performances (they will also make up most of the American Idol Tour crowd, I imagine) doesn't mean there aren't a whole slew of  18 and uppers at home also highly invested in this competition.   Let's not forget, Ruben won Idol (not Gaiken), and David Cook beat Archuleta.   So although it may be tempting to keep things squeeky clean, I think the contestants who explore some sexual themes on stage actually benefit when it comes to gathering votes and displaying emotional attachment during performances. 

Matt's best performance was "Let's get it on."

And the main reason I am writing this post is to say that Lil would have made it much farther and with more support from the judges and voters if she sang, during movie week, "It's Hard out Here for a Pimp".

1 comment:

  1. In theory, I'm on board. However, the fact that I think Mat Giraud has a monstrously ugly face and is about as far from sexy as you can get made it really difficult for me to enjoy him singing "Let's Get It On."

    And absolutely, "Hard out Here for a Pimp" would have brought it down for Lil. But instead she kept choosing diva ballads, and it was awful.

    I mean, Alexis Grace was great in Week 1 when she sang Dirty Diana, as well, so there's another example. Come on, AI, bring the sex. :o)

    ReplyDelete